Internal Audit Department Mission Statement
The mission of Dixie State University's Internal Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of DSU. Internal Audit assists the University in accomplishing their objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes. Internal Audit assists Dixie State Administration, the Board of Trustees, and its Audit Committee in the effective discharge of their responsibilities and in identifying, avoiding and where necessary mitigating risks.
Internal Audit Governing Beliefs and Values
- We are committed to maintaining our independence and objectivity.
- We are dedicated to providing high quality auditing and management consulting services.
- We strive to communicate and act with honesty, fairness, openness, respect and empathy.
- We are committed to conduct ourselves with the highest degree of fairness and integrity, and complying with the Code of Ethics established by the IIA and adopted by the Association of College and University Auditors.
- We highly value the importance of our relationships with others and strive for trust within those relationships by maintaining confidentiality and through clear communication.
- We maintain relationships with the University community characterized by respect, helpfulness, sharing, patience, and openness.
- We are committed to continuous professional improvement through the pursuit of professional certifications, training, and educational goals.